Production Planning Manager
We are looking for a Production Planning Manager for a leading international company.
Lead the production team in developing and ensuring sustainable manufacturing excellence measured through clearly defined objectives and targets in terms of HSE, quality, service, costs and asset utilization. Develop a performance driven culture by implementing Continuous Improvement principles in manufacturing. Ensure highest level of cross-functional efficiency with other operations departments and enablers.
- Responsible for Staff selection, training, development, coaching, retention and morale. Also responsible for building an effective team in terms of leadership and performance focus and ensuring succession plans in place.
- Lead the team in meeting departmental KPIs and drive continuous improvement efforts.
- Build a strong relationship with fellow operational heads to deeply understand the business requirements, develop jointly solutions to meet those requirements and work jointly on issue resolutions.
- Ensure risk assessments are conducted for all routine activities and SOPs aligned with these risk assessments are in place and refreshed at regular intervals.
- Work with staff to continuously identify risk and improvement opportunities by conducting frequent audits and improving SOPs.
- Ensure effective implementation of employee training plans and that SOPs are well understood and followed by employees.
- Ensure timely and effective resolution/report closure of HSE and quality incidents/non-conformances.
- Develop budgets (CAPEX and OPEX) and approve expenditures for supplies, materials, and human resources, ensuring that materials, labour and equipment are used efficiently to meet production targets.
- French and English are required
- Master of Science in Engineering or business
- Manufacturing management experience of 5 years minimum
- Relevant experience within the food, beverage, chemical or allied industry, pharmaceutical or consumer goods industries
- Direct management experience of cost control responsibilities in manufacturing
- Experience in implementation of continuous improvement and lean methodologies
- Experience in establishing performance metrics, motivating and holding people accountable for results
- Proven ability to effectively lead and manage high performance teams
- Solid Change management experience which means operating as a value-added business partner across functional lines and with other key stakeholders to drive change
- Experience with unions management
- Flexible time work to meet night shift or during week-end
- Participation to emergency plan